As I stare into the mirror and earnestly try to massage the creases formed between my brows I wonder how I can permanently remove these annoying wrinkles.
I can no longer deny it; I am not as young as I used to be.
My skin is starting to signs of wear due to a combination of stress, exposure to the harmful effects of the sun and time.
How do I reverse the effects of time naturally and get back my youthful skin?
There are some basic habits you can start to slow down the effect as time and these are:
- Drink lots of water: water acts to hydrate the body and this would help moisturize your skin from the inside out.
- Avoid sun exposure: if you can avoid your exposure to the sun you can help reduce wrinkles. The sun Ultra violet rays induce deterioration of skin cells, which can lead to premature skin aging.
- Wear sunscreen: When you cannot avoid the sun ensure you use sunscreen.
- A good sunscreen of SPF 50 and higher would help reduce the effect the suns harmful UV rays.
- Stop Smoking: If you needed another reason to stop smoking this is it; smoking is bad for your skin. Smoking releases harmful enzyme that breaks down the skin cells.
- Get some sleep: Not getting enough sleep can not only make you look tired but might lead to the break down of skin cells. So get enough sleep in a comfortable environment to improve your skin.
- Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidant compounds that fight molecules that can damage cells. These molecules known as free radicals can cause damage to the skin so eradicating them makes your look younger protects against premature aging.
- Hot chocolate instead of coffee: Your java addiction might be causing you to age prematurely. Instead of reaching for a second cup of coffee have a hot chocolate instead. Cocoa which is used to produce chocolates contain flavanols, which can protect the skin from sun damage and improve circulation.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize: Moisturizers help hydrate the skin from the outside. It helps keep the skin moist which helps prevents premature aging of the skin.
- Go easy on the soap: Washing your face excessively strips the skin of its natural barrier, which contains oils and moisture that protect against wrinkles.
So as I look at my face in the mirror I realize that though I might not have a wrinkle free skin I still look pretty good.
I might not be as young as I used to be, but for an old gal am still really Hot!
Photo by marcolm. Published on 04 April 2011
Stock photo – Image ID: 10036651